Tuesday 25 March 2014

Finding yourself @ 25


I don't know if girls would agree with me. 
But when u are turning 25 you are like a Time Bomb for everyone. 
So here are somethings I have observed and I'm learning. 

  1. The most common question asked to you is WHEN ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED?
  2. Suddenly your parents are worried that all the good guys wont like you if you turn 26. 
  3. You are considered to be settled. By settled they mean you have started working and have completed your masters.
  4. The funny part you still have no savings! yes, bank account is empty by the end of the month. 
  5. You somewhere are still trying to learn from your past relationships.
  6. Friends are growing apart cos either they are getting married or moving to other cities or work has left you with no time to maintain relationships.
  7. Your topics have started revolving around when are you getting married or why is everyone getting married.
  8. Your calender is booked like never before. After all everyone is getting married!
  9. You are trying to find a place in your career or are making 'that' shift.
  10. At this time you will chose whether you want your career and not change or start making your first set of compromises.
  11. You have to stop posting beers and boys in your pictures.
  12. No late nights. Because you won't be judged well.
  13. Lifestyle! Oh u still think u can maintain that. Well i'll let you think you can.
  14. To get the boy you love make sure you have the same religion, caste, status, bank balances, family backgrounds, stars. Just don't have the same sex and you are sorted!
  15. You realize it would be you who would be making the more of the compromises. you can deny, but you know you would.
And the most important, YOU NEED MONEY TO MAKE MONEY.



3 comments:

  1. The bitter truth exposed. But the situation is not gender specific. Guys are facing the same scenario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think they are but def with lesser compromises. their struggle is different.

      Delete
  2. I agree that women's struggle is different than of man's. But!!! Everybody around you is getting married. Then it dawned on me that the thing which was common in all these marriages was...me(bachelor). Here I am going to relate your compromise to my misery. As the reality hit me, I almost had a panic attack that by the time I would be mature enough and stable enough, all the girls my age would be married because their parents are too keen to get them married at an early age.

    ReplyDelete